Spennymoor have played at The Brewery Field since their formation in 1904, which is on the site of the old Tower Brewery. They took the place of former tenants Tudhoe Rugby Club. who had formed five years previously. They had formed as Evenwood Town; the town of Spennymoor were represented by Spennymoor United, whom they faced on five occasions in the FA Cup, losing three and drawing two.
In 2005, Spennymoor United merged with Evenwood Town after both clubs suffered difficulties which put their futures into doubt.The name was changed to Spennymoor Town and they were accepted into the Northern League Division Two for the 2005/06 season. The words ‘United A.F.C.’ were removed from the ground’s iron sign following the merger.
The club continues to grow and Brewery Field has had numerous upgrades since 2005, with new floodlights, dugouts, dressing rooms and a new tunnel being added. There are also plans to replace the clubhouse which burnt down on Christmas Day 2003 and marked the beginning of the end for Spennymoor Town.